Finding Solutions for Your Family
When I approach a family law case, I look for ways to resolve the problem that do not involve going to trial. Litigation is hard on everyone, especially children. However, when a client needs to go to court, I am a fierce advocate.
If you have a family law need, come to the office of Shari McPhail, Attorney at Law. For a free consultation with a Wheeling family law lawyer, please call or contact me online.
- Divorce — This includes alimony, property division and child custody issues.
- Child custody and parenting time (visitation) — We will work together to find a parenting schedule that meets the needs of the child and parents. I can argue for legal and/or residential custody if that is what you are seeking.
- Child support — In West Virginia, child support is calculated by considering many factors, including each parent's gross income and the number of overnight visits he or she has with the child.
- Modifications of child support — When financial circumstances or needs change, you may request a modification of your child support order. I can help you seek or contest modification.
- Relocation — If you wish to move out of state with your child, you may need permission from the court. I can help you prove the need for the relocation or prevent the other parent from relocating.
- Grandparents' rights — As a grandparent, you may seek visitation with your grandchildren in the event of a divorce, the death of a parent or a parent who is unavailable.
- Domestic violence — If you fear for your safety or the safety of your child and you have obtained an emergency domestic violence protective order, I can represent you at the hearing.
- Paternity and fathers' rights — Establishing paternity is important for the father and child. Being named as the legal father gives the child access to child support and gives the father the right to custody or visitation.
- Prenuptial agreements — Protect assets in the event of divorce or death with a prenuptial agreement.
Please call to schedule an appointment.